OneStream Networks LLC, headquartered in Rochester, New York, is a managed IP services provider specializing in global, enterprise-grade IP communications for mid-market businesses.
The privately held company was founded in 2004, and since then has expanded its communications services worldwide, serving both single and multi-site enterprises that range in size from 50 to 7,000 employees.
The company maintains network operations centers in Rochester and New York City, plus data centers in those cities as well as in Jersey City, Salt Lake City, Cleveland, and Los Angeles.
Recognizing that every customer is unique, OneStreams objective is to fully understand each enterprises business needs and goals, and then collaboratively create the optimal IP migration strategy.
The company markets its services directly to enterprise customers, but also has three other distribution mechanisms:
- The Referral Partner Program is for current customers, and provides a referral payment when a qualified lead becomes an new customer
- The Agent Partner Program, for systems integrators, agents, and telecom consultants, provides the referring agent with a recurring monthly revenue stream for referring their clients for OneStream Networks services
- The White-Label Partner Program, which enables other firms to provide the OneStream Networks infrastructure on a turnkey basis.
OneStream offers a number of enterprise-grade voice and data solutions to its customers, through their Smart Business Solutions, a comprehensive suite of on-demand network and outsourced IP telephony services that are delivered and managed via OneStreams global, private Quality of Service (QoS)-enabled IP network, complemented by technical expertise in LAN, security, and business continuity.
This suite consists of several offerings.
- Dedicated Internet Access Service provides stand-alone T1, T-3, or Fast Ethernet service providing access to OneStreams Tier 1 backbone.
- The Site-to-Site Data IP VPN Service eliminates legacy networks such as ATM, Frame Relay, and T-1, and replaces them with an MPLS-based IP VPN. This service allows the business to prioritize and transfer voice, video and data between corporate locations.
- The Enhanced ACD Service provides an on-demand contact center application hosted within the OneStream IP backbone.
- The Collaborative Service offers a suite of multimedia applications, including Web collaboration and desktop video, meet-me conferencing, and hosted interactive voice response and speech recognition.
- IP Video Conferencing Service is designed to eliminate expensive usage-based ISDN BRI connections and deliver video over OneStreams QoS-enabled backbone.
- The Co-location and Hosting Service allows customers to locate their systems and services at the OneStream data facilities to take advantage of the Tier 1 Internet connections, redundant power, high security, and disaster protection available.
- IP Trunking Service provides both local and long distance connections, including Direct Inward Dialing (DID) and a 3-, 4-, or 5-digit coordinated dialing plan.
From this extensive background in data transport, OneStream has designed a hosted PBX solutionbased on Cisco Systems technologyto address voice communication requirements. The system supports Cisco and Polycom SIP phonesand allows the reuse of legacy digital and analog phones via a SIP gateway, with a typical installation including a router/firewall, Ethernet switches, phones, and required analog devices.
The administrative support is especially innovative, as the company provides a completely managed solution tailored to the needs of each customer, including customer support. Unlimited, no-cost moves, adds, and changes are performed by OneStream staff, or via secure access to a self-administered management system.
OneStream also provides extensive disaster recovery/business continuity planning and deployment, including premise-based network diversity, fail-over routing, on-demand call routing, and customer-specific pre-configured disaster recovery plans.
OneStream offers four different pricing plans for its voice services. The IP Basic Feature Pack is priced at $19.95 per month per user, and includes a 3- or 4-digit extension number, multiple line appearances, business phone features such as call transfer, pickup, park, etc., unlimited local and on-net calling worldwide, 3- or 4-digit coordinated dialing worldwide, and conference calling with up to four parties.
The IP Basic Feature Pack Plus is priced at $24.95 per month per user, and adds a voice mailbox with message waiting indication and a basic web portal.
The IP Office Feature Pack is priced at $34.95 per month per user, adding unified messaging with voicemail-to-e-mail conversion capabilities, plus an enhanced Web portal with find-me-follow-me service.
The high-end service, priced at $54.95 per month per user adds 1,000 minutes per month of domestic and Canadian long distance service.
Optional features which can be added to these packages include DID numbers at $2.00 per month per user, Microsoft Outlook Integration at $3.95 per month per user, and an automated attendant at $2.00 per month per user.
Further information on the OneStream Networks solutions can be found at http://www.onestreamnetworks.com/. Our next tutorial will continue our review of various service providers hosted voice solutions.
Copyright Acknowledgement: © 2009 DigiNet Corporation®, All Rights Reserved
Mark A. Miller, P.E. is President of DigiNet Corporation®, a Denver-based consulting engineering firm. He is the author of many books on networking technologies, including Voice over IP Technologies, and Internet Technologies Handbook, both published by John Wiley & Sons.